Thursday, January 15, 2015

Shameless Self Promotion

     I'm not a big fan of asking for help.  I have spent my career as a Soldier leading others and showing young Soldiers 'how it's done.'  But, my time in the Army is almost over.  I'm preparing for the future.  I'm getting ready to start the next chapter of my life....and I'm going to do things MY way.

     So, I'm putting up a quick post about what that future is going to look like...and how you can help me make it happen.  My vision is very clear for this dream...and I honestly believe that because I can see it so clearly, I can...and WILL make it happen.

     The dream is called "At The Spot Studios."  It will be a place where artist and creative people from all facets of the arts and entertainment world can come and be seen...or heard.  I want to foster an environment that caters to both the individual artist (be that a painter, writer, dancer, recording artist, film producer, etc) as well as fostering collaboration between artists and across genres.  Professional quality entertainment will be the result...with a focus on the independent artists.



     I've already found a couple of creative people that I work with and have begun some of these collaborations.  The "Studio" as it stands....is basically my laptop.  I have an office in my apartment...but the desk serves as a holding area for all the things I haven't put away in a long time.

     The dream is to have studio space, eventually, where artists can physically come and do their thing.  The 'network' will span out and reach artists across the country....NAY, THE WORLD!  (That was my highly motivated, "go get 'em" voice.  It usually stays in the corner and doesn't see the light of day.)  That's the dream...and that's what I will do.   I've put it on my wishlist.  And things that go on my wishlist come true.

     Someday.

     For now, we have to start somewhere.  And that somewhere is right here...right now.  We (my co-collaborators and myself) have decided to get our stories printed.  We are working on a couple of comic book/graphic novel titles.  The stories are interesting and compelling.  The characters are strong and well developed.  The cost of getting them printed....is a little out of our current budget.

     That's where I'm asking you to come in and help.  Check out the GoFundMe campaign I started and if you feel so compelled....donate.  Help me and my merry band of starving artists see this dream to fruition.  I've even put in some incentive levels so those that donate at certain levels have something cool to show for it.

     Click here to see the campaign page and donate if you feel so inclined.


     So that's it.  In simplest terms...I'm asking for money.  This will likely be the shortest post I put up here.  I feel like it's for a good thing.  I dream big...and I believe it will happen.  I want to see independent artists have a place to flourish.  And because I believe in it so deeply...I'm not above a little shameless self promotion.

Sarge,
Out

1 comment:

  1. I am all for helping people with their dreams! Good luck with this endeavor and I look forward to seeing where this new adventure will take you!

    ReplyDelete