Friday, April 17, 2015

A little validation goes a long way!

I'm still a little beside myself over this one.  I'm pretty excited and proud of myself in this moment.  For me...that's HUGE!!

What's all the hubbub, you ask?   Well, I was just published on a photography web site!!  Not just an article, they used my photos too!  

If you've been following this blog, then you know I've had a rough year this past year.  And while it's getting a lot better in many ways, I find that I am still doubting myself pretty much any chance I get.  

So, I fought through the paralyzing fear of rejection and actually submitted an article to a website. And it paid off!  

I'm flying high right now!   It feels really good to see my name on someone else's site.  It tells me...I'm good enough. And lately, that's been hard for me to see for myself.  

I'm ready to take on the world.  I feel like I can do anything.  I know it's not that easy, and that I will still face rejection down the road.  But for now, I'm riding this high and saying, "damn the little voices that say I can't."   

One of the things I've been trying to answer over this last year is, "who am I?"  Well...I just got a little closer to finding out.  

Hi. I'm Luke. I'm a soldier. I'm an artist. I'm a father who loves his kids more than life itself.  And...I'm a writer and a photographer. 

Check out my little article here:

Ok.  Enough blubbering on my part.  It's just proof that a little validation goes a long way. 

Sarge
Out

1 comment:

  1. I am SO proud of you and all you have accomplished this past year. I have really loved seeing the growth in your pictures and how much fun you are having.

    ReplyDelete